Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dallas DS1620 Temprature Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

abees81

Hi everyone,,,

I want to use the DS1620 chip as a thermometer to read the Temp, so I had to operate with the (3-wire mode).
I just need 1 temprature reading so I used the 1 shot mode.

*The first thing I had to access the configuration register by the command (write config 0Ch).
*Then setting the register to be 00000011 (CPU, 1SHOT) are set.
*After that I issued the command (start convert T EEh)
*The last command is (read temprature AAh)

to see the thing clearly I used three switches, one for DQ, another for CLK and the third for RST.

My sequence to write the instructions was:

1- Rst is low
2- CLK is high
3- Rst is high
4- CLK is low
5- setting DQ for the LSB of the instruction
6- CLK is high
7- repeating (4, 5, 6) for the remaining bits of the instruction
8- Rst is low then High (Toggling)
9- Next instruction.

But I cant get any thing in DQ in read mode when i start the CLK does anyone know why??

Many Thanks

Does this Chip need fast switching? I used manual switches to write data and pulse the clock.
I hope someone can give me useful hints.

Thanks

abees81 said:
Does this Chip need fast switching? I used manual switches to write data and pulse the clock.
I hope someone can give me useful hints.

Thanks
Did you debounce your switches? A mechanical switch will create several transitions before settling after the switch is actuated. Google "switch debouncing".

Thanks guys for replying.
Well I got it working using uC, so maybe I had timing as well as mechanical problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back