Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Damaged Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAN-1

Hello everyone. I have a linear stepper motor. I think I overloaded it and suddenly it is behaving in a weird way. As soon as any load is applied to it now, it starts reversing direction several times until the load is removed. :cry:
I'm not sure if the motor itself is damaged or if there is something wrong in the driving circuitry. Which is more likely and how can I know and/or solve the problem? Thanks a lot.

Nichola V. Abdo

YAN-1 said:
Hello everyone. I have a linear stepper motor. I think I overloaded it and suddenly it is behaving in a weird way. As soon as any load is applied to it now, it starts reversing direction several times until the load is removed. :cry:
I'm not sure if the motor itself is damaged or if there is something wrong in the driving circuitry. Which is more likely and how can I know and/or solve the problem? Thanks a lot.

I suggest you try measuring the resistance of the windings, see if they are all the same. But I would suspect it's more likely to be a damaged driver?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back