Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DataLogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

0x34

I have been working on a project for awhile now that required me to create a custom DataLogger program. I’ve written this program in Visual Basic 6. It has really turned into a nice piece of code. I’ve posted the program and its source code at PlanetSourcecode.com. I figured I’d post this program here for anyone who can use it.

What does it do?
This program monitors any COMM port of your PC and logs the data in graphical form, just like a DSO. It logs values from 0 to 255 (00 to FF). You can save your samples and recall them later for analysis, print them and do screen captures. It has real-time cursers displaying times and amplitudes (in HEX or DEC). It really does do just about anything your DSO will do.

I designed this program to record long duration events. It will record up to 5 hours of data in one file. It is limited to 10mS sample rate (internal clock mode) however it can graph up to the set baud rate.

I’ve got many hours into this program, and I’d like to see it being used. It’s free, so rock on!

0x34

Attachments

• datalogger2.zip
    123.9 KB · Views: 153
Examples

Here are some sample recordings that you can load and test this programs capabilities.

Enjoy!
0x34

Attachments

• examples.zip
    37.2 KB · Views: 131
Here is what the program looks like.

Attachments

• datalogger2-58.jpg
    datalogger2-58.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 492
Thanks,
This could be exactly what I've been looking for.

I may have some questions once I've absorbed the detail.

Len

UpDates

As it is with software, there is never a final version. I am still improving this program. There are already a large amount of improvements and add-on's to this program since the time I originally posted it here.

If you are interested in keeping up with the updates, you can find the source code at PlanetSourceCode.com. I will keep it updated there. If you cannot compile it, send me your E-Mail address and I'll keep you up to date with the latest verions (in .exe form) as they are released.

Attached is a screeshot of version 6.1

0x34

Attachments

• datalogger2-59.jpg
    datalogger2-59.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 382
  • datalogger2-61.jpg
    datalogger2-61.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 369
FINAL Version

Ok, I'm DONE with this project. The final version number is 6.4 and I do not plan on going any further. I was going to add a Logic Analyzer portion, but lost interest. Attached is the final executable. Enjoy, as it if freeware.

Full instruction manuel included.

0x34

Attachments

• Data Logger II.zip
    301.3 KB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back