Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DB9 to RJ11 connection diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to connect my PC's Serial port to the console port of an other equipment such as a router or a txn equipment.

Basically, it is a port named console and is used to connect to PC's serial port, and it is used to take access of the equipment.

Nigel Goodwin said:
You can't connect a serial port to an ethernet port (assuming that's what you mean).
It's a picky point, but Ethernet uses an 8-pin RJ-45 connector.
AFAIK the RJ-11 is a physically smaller 6-pin connector used mainly for POTS equipment.

That said, Nigel is certainly correct about consulting the documents for the equipment manufacturer since there does not seem to be a standard that I am aware of. If I can find one I'll repost.

This was the #2 Google Hit
https://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/cable/unitronics-rj11.html
But Caveat Emptor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back