Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Motor - load sense turn off and reverse trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimu0501

Hi,
I am new to this forum and it is my first post. From the other posts I can tell few smart and intelligent individuals are here that may be able to help me out.
I am designing a DC motor circuit which will power motor as soon as switch is turned to on position. The motor will open a door, the relay senses the load of the motor and determines the door is fully open and shuts off the motor.
When the switch is turned off the motor is stated in reverse polarity to close the door and trigger relay to shut off when the door is fully closed.
I need help with designing the load sense circuit and topology to tell motor to turn clock wise or anti clockwise.
Also, Are there any software that can simulate the circuit before I invest and build Protoype.

Thank You.
mimu

have you searched these forums for "chicken coop door" and such. there has been quite a few such projects as yours over the years.

Most people here use LtSpice. You can google it for a free download.

Does the door hit an obstacle at the ends of its travel such that the motor stalls and the current increases substantially?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back