dc motor specification

Status
Not open for further replies.

t_sanoop

hi,

i want to make a moving robot which will run on wheels. the wheel are driven by two dc motors and the system have totally 3 tires.. the robot have to accomodate a weight of around 2 kg...so anyone of you can please help me in selecting an appropriate dc motor..i will be very thankful if you can tell the correct motor specification that i have to choose..also please give me details about the driver circuitry..

hope you will help me...

sanoop

You have to know how fast you want to accellerate the 2kG. A tiny motor will move it but not very fast. I assume the two motors power the two rear wheel and provide steering by the amount of power distribution. You should have some feedback, or steering will be difficult.

Google H-bridges and PWM for motor drivers (and you could just end up buying a premade driver for an online robot store).

You need to know how much your robot will weight, wheel size, and speed you want to move at. Bigger wheels means you need more torque to produce the same force to move your robot. Bigger wheels means your motor doesn't have to turn as fast for your robot to move at the same speed. You should be able to figure this out using wheel circumference and rotations per second/minute.

Here, made brand new just for you (to try and help you figure out how strong your motors need to be):
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/motor-sizing-for-moving-robots.23264/

Last edited:
robo specificaton

i thank you for your response....my robot will weight around 2-3kg... the wheels will have a diameter of around 6cm... i want the robot to move at a slower pace...so any of you can please provide details about dc motor that i have to select and details about driver circuitry....

hope you will help me...

thanking you
sanoop

I'd go and buy two cheapo cordless drills, you'd end up with batteries, charger and speed/direction controllers that can probably be hacked into.

I already told you how to calculate the torque and RPM for the motors you need. Don't tell me the weight of your robot and a say you want a "slower" speed and expect me to calculate it for you. Do it yourself.

You have everything you need to find the specifications for your motor. Search for the motor yourself- we are not going to look at hundreds of motors for you.

Search on Google for "H-bridges and PWM" to learn about driver circuitry- they can explain it much better and have pictures. If you just want to buy a motor driver, then search for a "robot H-bridge" to find an online store that will sell you one.

We are helping you. Do not just keep repeating your question and hope us to do your work for you. DO YOUR OWN WORK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…