Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dead PickKit2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey all thank god i have a junebug.. I only owned my PicKit 2 for like 1 month and i think its dead already. The Led turns on and stuff but it doesnt work in PicKit2 software and in MPLab. Any Thoughts? Any suggestions on what i should check first to try to make a repair? Also i own a space 18F2550 bill or anyone do you have any links on how can i maybe use this to make another program (oh bill ill look at your schematics on the junebug for tips and hints also)

Also i opened pickit2 and saw J1 and it looks like maybe a program port?like can i connect to junebug and reprogram the 18f2550 onboard?

I've had mine quit working a few times when switching between softwares. The cure is to shut off all the controlling software (PICkit 2 software and MPLAB), power down the target circuit and unplug/replug the PICkit 2 USB. That cures it every time. It seems to crash and get stuck somehow.

Don't get the soldering iron out, they are pretty durable from my experience. Do like Futz says, I had mine stuck once also, and ending up reflashing the firmware (which was uneccessary). The Microchip forum on the Pickit 2 is pretty active, check out there sticky for their fixes.

OOOPS! Cross post.

Last edited:
already did it .. It only took like 2 minutes... I tried even on a different PC with MPLAB and PICKit 2 software on it and it did not work so i had no other choice... But at least it works now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back