Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delay a TTL signal with microsecond precision

Status
Not open for further replies.

csnsc14320

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help with a circuit that would delay TTL signal in the microsecond range.

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:
Does it have to be a (hard-wired) circuit, or could you use a microprocessor? Certainly you could get that precision, given a fast enough clock.

1000 microseconds is only 1ms. Do you mean 1,000,000 microseconds? :confused:

You could use a programmable counter for the delay. For one microsecond resolution the counter clock would be 1MHz and require a 20-bit counter for a maximum of one second delay.

Does the pulse width of the TTL signal have to be preserved?

sorry for the late response:

Does it have to be a (hard-wired) circuit, or could you use a microprocessor? Certainly you could get that precision, given a fast enough clock.

Microprocessor I think should be fine. Maybe an arduino?

1000 microseconds is only 1ms. Do you mean 1,000,000 microseconds? :confused:

You could use a programmable counter for the delay. For one microsecond resolution the counter clock would be 1MHz and require a 20-bit counter for a maximum of one second delay.

Does the pulse width of the TTL signal have to be preserved?

Yes I meant 1,000,000 microseconds. I'm not sure if the signal need be preserved, but it might be nice.

Microprocessor I think should be fine. Maybe an arduino?

I'm not sure if the signal need be preserved, but it might be nice.
"Nice" greatly complicates a discrete design. A microprocessor design would likely be better. Someone else will have to give you advice on device selection for that, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back