Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

delay time control between two square wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

applecat2411

As i am trying to have two logic square waves signals with ampltiude of 5V to drive two MOSFETs in half- bridge configuration of my DC-DC converter. The frequency i am using is 100kHz, which is 10us for the period.

I need to control one of the signals having a delay time ranging from 0 to 5us with respect to another signal , are there any method to do this?

Thank you.

A network consisting of a series R and shunt C to the input of a logic inverter, preferably one with some hysteresis, such as the ones described here.

I am new to this thing, so would it be difficult to adjust the delay time? Because i think if i need to have different delay time, different capacitance should be used.

Have you looked at any of the many PWM control ICs that are designed for that purpose?

I am new to this thing, so would it be difficult to adjust the delay time? Because i think if i need to have different delay time, different capacitance should be used.

Use a trimpot to adjust the resistance. Use a 10KΩ pot and 1nF capacitor. With the pot set to midrange, you will get ~5us delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back