Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dell lattatude in-car charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielsmusic

i have a dell latatude that needs 19.5V to charge. the car is 12V. i am thinking about using a capacitor pump, but do not know how to regulate it so it stays at 19.5V i need to limit the current to 2amps(output) can anyone help?

dan.

capacitor charge pumps are not for high current, often only good for a few milliamps. If you really want to build this yourself, what you need to look into is DC-DC converters, specifically a boost converter. You can buy pre-built laptop chargers for car use... and you can buy small 60 or 75 watt inverters that allow you to use your existing AC charger, for less than $20. Wouldn't be a fun project then though :)

i need this by friday and buying one would take too long. i will look into a inverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back