Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Denon AVR-2106 Protection Mode Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

rellison

Hi,

I'm trying to repair a denon avr-2106 that went into protection mode. I've downloaded a service manual (avr-2106/886 ver. 1) although it doesn't appear to be for exactly the same model as I have - it's for a USA/Canada model and I'm in the UK.

I've now replaced the blown 2SB/2SD pair (B1560/D2390) (named 2SB1647/2SD2560 in the manual I have?) and their emitter resistors (as per unclejed613 in https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/denon-receiver-is-fried.109126/).

However, one of the zener diodes is also blown (ZD102FR). The problem is that my service manual doesn't show the zener diode in the circuit diagram and I'm having trouble identifying the case style and voltage. It's a surface mount part with two pins with a pin sticking out at each end (not wrapped around the body) and the body length measured 1.57mm (exluding pins) by 1.14mm and 0.77mm high.

Would anybody be able to tell me what the case style is? It looks a bit like SOD323 but the pins are different. I can unsolder a good zener and test its voltage but if anyone repairs these any knows or has a service manual that shows the part then that would really helpful!

Thanks in advance.

AVR2106 - 1 channel blown :-(

Hello,
I am working on same exact issue with AVR2106.
IT is a european model and the service manual look accurate (no zener, 2SB1647/2SD2560) Where are your zeners located ?
I have replaced so far 2 x power transistors, 1 x bias transistor, 4 x 0.22ohms & 2 x 4.7ohms. Got the parts from the 2 extra channels that I am not using - you might try that.
Amp powers up ok now, however sound is heavily distorted (it cracks) except at very very low volume.
I can measure that there is no bias (no voltage accross 0.22 resistors) however other components measure ok. Am I missing something ?
Good luck

Last edited:
There is a pair of zener and regular diodes per channel located on the underside of my board. When I tested the components it was just the B1560/D3290 pair and their 4x0.22 ohm resistors plus one of the zeners that were faulty. I could pinch the ones from the surround rear channels (which I'm not currently using) but I'd prefer to order replacement parts if possible.

You will find this in the service manual I believe ? If you identify the value (volts/watts) then a standard body zener will do.
Mine hasn't got any zener on main board - it is service manual for AVR-2106/886 USA/Canada model Ver 1.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back