Designing a PCB layout (Using a real example: Ladybug)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

I thought some of you might get something out of my layout work using Sprint Layout.
Ladybug is the next kit coming out so I'm going to start posting the layout as the work progresses.
Feel free to comment or question as the work proceeds.

Although this is not the beginning this is layout #7 it's the relay portion of the PCB (thought I'd get them out of the way first). I finally settled on the J1S series relays as they are small, high current 10A and inexpensive. I had to draw the package into Sprint (from the relay datasheet) but that's another tutorial if anyone's interested.
**broken link removed**
A section of the Ladybug PCB showing the two regulators (one for relays, other for logic)

I have not done any calculations but maybe make the traces on the driven side of the relays wider.

3v0 said:
I have not done any calculations but maybe make the traces on the driven side of the relays wider.

They were 1.8mm now they're 2.0mm and I've put identical traces on both top & bottom copper layers.

I look foreward to further posts in this thread. I'm currently populating a pair of small double sided boards [which together will make an inchworm+] and it is painfully clear I have a lot to learn [poetic justice for not buying?].
Any education will be more than welcome.

As the PCB grows, it's going to be a fair sized PCB (which means not cheap as you pay by the square inch)
It'll grow wider as I add the Ethernet & LCD connectors. A pair of fuse holders / PTC will go along the bottom.
**broken link removed**
Ladybug keeps on growing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…