Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

designing a timer to measure revolution time of a motor at every revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonlight35

hello everybody. I have a presentation which is about designing timer to measure revolution time of a motor at every revolution. this is not a design project,this is only a presentation so I just have to talk about it a few minutes.
I have got:
- 1MHz clock input
- an active-high pulse of 100us duration at every motor revolution

and the requirements are:
- motor speed range:1500-6000rpm
- time resolution: 1.0us
- counting restarts at every motor revolution(**this part is the hard one)
- timer will send a 1us interrupt pulse to a microprocessor after each revolution.

hope to hear from somebody as help about this subject.thanks

When the innterupt goes high the µC transfers a timer count to a register. When the interupt goes low the µC resets the counter and allows it to start counting again. The register retains the last revolution count. Or, something like that. :D

ken

Last edited:
thanks ken.I'm gonna discuss this with instructor-at least I have a starting point now:)
how do values of given information(input clock,active-high pulse) affect this system?

1MHz clock input
Is this an external input to the microprocessor, or is it the microprocessor's internal clock?
timer will send a 1us interrupt pulse to a microprocessor after each revolution.
Is the timer external to the microprocessor?

A block diagram is a good starting point.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back