Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing MOSFET amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

dismas

Hi, I am trying to build a MOSFET amplifier using CD4007UBE MOSFETs
I have found a datasheet here https://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/cd4007ub
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but is the CD4007UB datasheet the same as the CD4007UBE?
Also, what is the k'n, W/L, and turn-on voltage of this MOSFET? I could not find it in the data sheet.

Hi, I am trying to build a MOSFET amplifier using CD4007UBE MOSFETs
I have found a datasheet here https://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/cd4007ub
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but is the CD4007UB datasheet the same as the CD4007UBE?
Also, what is the k'n, W/L, and turn-on voltage of this MOSFET? I could not find it in the data sheet.

hi,
These IC's are unbuffered, so they can be used to make low signal amplifiers or oscillators.
The turn on voltages are shown in the datasheet and a function of the supply voltage.
The UB means UnBuffered.

What type of of amp are you designing.?

Hi Electronworks, I'm doing this for a class project and they gave us CD4007UBEs to use.

Hi ericgibbs, I'm doing this for a class project. It's basically a multi-stage amp that has a small signal gain of 40. Also, can you point out which graph shows that turn-on voltage function? I looked, but I must be missing something. I suspect I'm missing something in my electronics education, as my professor never mentioned that turn-on voltage wasn't constant.

Hi Electronworks, I'm doing this for a class project and they gave us CD4007UBEs to use.

Hi ericgibbs, I'm doing this for a class project. It's basically a multi-stage amp that has a small signal gain of 40. Also, can you point out which graph shows that turn-on voltage function? I looked, but I must be missing something. I suspect I'm missing something in my electronics education, as my professor never mentioned that turn-on voltage wasn't constant.

hi,
Look at this link:
**broken link removed**
and this
FET_P3

and this pdf, Section #3.

Attachments

• Nuts_and_Volts_magazine_2000_05_Field_Effect_Transistors_(Fets)_Explained_Part_1_of_4.pdf
    998.9 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
If you make each pair of Mosfets an inverting amplifier then it biases its output near half the supply voltage automatically. Its output current is fairly low so use high value resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back