Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Desktop Microphone Fault

BlueYonder

Hi,

I have been trying to repair the single and multi-tone (3 tones) roger beep feature (known as Extended Transmission Signal (ETS) on the mic) on a newly acquired Astatic EchoMax 2000. I found that both relays (K1 and K2) were not switching at all, so I replaced both but the fault persists. With ETS enabled on the mic, the momentary and latching PTT buttons (SW1 and SW2 respectively) both fail to produce a single or the proper multi-tone after de-keying. So, no single tone at all but the multi-tone just about manages to produce a very rapid two or may be three tone beep before the transmit ends.

This seems to me to be possibly a timing issue as I can get both ETS single and multi tones tones to work perfectly if I pre-short out the Transmit (pin 3, JP2) of the the RJ12 connector to ground (Gnd, JP2), so that the transceiver is already in transmit before either PTT button is pressed.

I wonder if someone might be able to advise me on how the timing at the end of transmission is handled and the components involved? Perhaps a capacitor has drifted out of tolerance, which is causing the time allowed for the roger beep to be shortened?

Thanks!

BY

astatic_echomax2000_sch-1.png

Attachments

• astatic_echomax2000_sch.pdf
    356.8 KB · Views: 5

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back