Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

determining power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a crappy old organ in my basement. The oscillators for the c through f keys don't work, but the drum machine works and sounds great. I have no interest in repairing the keys, but am going to remove the drum machine and make it a standalone unit. It has its own CPU and controller seperate from the organ, so getting it out won't be a problem. But I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to power it, and/or tell me to determine how much power it needs voltage wise. Thanks!

Before you remove it, just measure the voltage and current it's using with a multimeter.

If the unit has a CPU then the likelihood is it needs a 5V supply, and if the unit does not include its own power amplifier then it probably won't draw more than 500mA. Of course, that's all guesswork ;-) Are there any labels on the drum machine itself which might give us a clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back