Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

device for communicate in noisy environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ransiluj

hey all,
I'm going to design a device which can communicate in noisy industry environment. What i have thought so far is make a headphone which can suppress the background noise and communicate with other people using WiFi. So I'm going to use dsPIC for this application but i have no idea about dsPIC.
1. So is it possible to use it ? if it is possible please name a dsPIC for this particular application because i need to study about dsPIC before i start my project.
2. my second question is i'm using WiFi to communication. Is it practical ?
Thank you!!

A throat mike should be less prone to environmental noise pickup than a normal mike, perhaps making the dsPIC unnecessary.
WiFi has only a very limited range unless used with a directional antenna (which would be relatively bulky).

Last edited:
A throat mike should be less prone to environmental noise pickup than a normal mike, perhaps making the dsPIC unnecessary.
WiFi has only a very limited range unless used with a directional antenna (which would be relatively bulky).

why are you saying dsPIC is unnecessary? i don't understand the point

The logic assumption here is that you are planning to use a dsPic to do noise cancellation. alec_t is saying with a throat mike you may not need noise cancellation.

What range do you need. It is inside out outside ?

The logic assumption here is that you are planning to use a dsPic to do noise cancellation. alec_t is saying with a throat mike you may not need noise cancellation.

What range do you need. It is inside out outside ?

it is outside and it need range like 10m.

it is outside and it need range like 10m.
Wifi should be ok, providing there is a clear line of sight between Tx and Rx.

A throat mic produces only grunts and groans (vowels) only doesn't it?
Can anybody understand speech from it?

On You-Tube the throat mics are demo'd only by people in England that have such a stiff upper lip that they cannot be understood even when they speak into a "normal" mic, MATE!;)

Without knowing the type of noise (constant, impact, etc) it is impossible to make recomendations. The trouble with a DSP is that, by the time noise is analyzed, due to latency, the noise could be gone. E

A throat mic produces only grunts and groans (vowels) only doesn't it?
The bandwidth may be less than for other mic types.
Can anybody understand speech from it?
Yes. A typical use is by pilots. A throat mic is less susceptible to cockpit noise and can be used when an oxygen mask is worn. The output must be intelligible or such a mission-critical use wouldn't be possible.

The horrible sound is why pilots say "Romeo, Foxtrot" instead of RF.

According to Wikipedia a Class 1 Bluetooth module should have a range of ~100m; Class 2 ~10m. I can't recommend any particular brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back