device for communicate in noisy environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ransiluj

hey all,
I'm going to design a device which can communicate in noisy industry environment. What i have thought so far is make a headphone which can suppress the background noise and communicate with other people using WiFi. So I'm going to use dsPIC for this application but i have no idea about dsPIC.
1. So is it possible to use it ? if it is possible please name a dsPIC for this particular application because i need to study about dsPIC before i start my project.
2. my second question is i'm using WiFi to communication. Is it practical ?
Thank you!!

A throat mike should be less prone to environmental noise pickup than a normal mike, perhaps making the dsPIC unnecessary.
WiFi has only a very limited range unless used with a directional antenna (which would be relatively bulky).

Last edited:
A throat mike should be less prone to environmental noise pickup than a normal mike, perhaps making the dsPIC unnecessary.
WiFi has only a very limited range unless used with a directional antenna (which would be relatively bulky).

why are you saying dsPIC is unnecessary? i don't understand the point

The logic assumption here is that you are planning to use a dsPic to do noise cancellation. alec_t is saying with a throat mike you may not need noise cancellation.

What range do you need. It is inside out outside ?

The logic assumption here is that you are planning to use a dsPic to do noise cancellation. alec_t is saying with a throat mike you may not need noise cancellation.

What range do you need. It is inside out outside ?

it is outside and it need range like 10m.

A throat mic produces only grunts and groans (vowels) only doesn't it?
Can anybody understand speech from it?

On You-Tube the throat mics are demo'd only by people in England that have such a stiff upper lip that they cannot be understood even when they speak into a "normal" mic, MATE!

Without knowing the type of noise (constant, impact, etc) it is impossible to make recomendations. The trouble with a DSP is that, by the time noise is analyzed, due to latency, the noise could be gone. E

A throat mic produces only grunts and groans (vowels) only doesn't it?
The bandwidth may be less than for other mic types.
Can anybody understand speech from it?
Yes. A typical use is by pilots. A throat mic is less susceptible to cockpit noise and can be used when an oxygen mask is worn. The output must be intelligible or such a mission-critical use wouldn't be possible.

According to Wikipedia a Class 1 Bluetooth module should have a range of ~100m; Class 2 ~10m. I can't recommend any particular brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…