Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Device to switch many lines like a relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfMadDad

Hi Everyone

I would like to switch eproms from an eprom programmer directly into circuit without removing them. I was thinking that I could could create an adapter board that would switch between a ribbon cable to the destination circuit and the eprom programmer circuit.

The missing item is a device that could switch many pins like a many pole relay, is there such a device? A shift register seems more for data and does not seem quite right?

Thanks for reading-Patrick

Only the address/control lines would need to be multiplexed. The outputs can just be wired in parallel. Either 2:1 multiplexers, or open-collector drivers (with pullup resistors at the eprom) could be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back