Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diference between 741&747

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarsil

Does someone has data about 747 Opamp?:confused:
What's the diference between 741 and 747?

If you do a Google search for LM747, you'll find plenty of info. The 747 is a dual 741. If you have other, more modern choices, You should use one of them instead. The 741/747 is old technology.
If you use only half of the 747, connect the unused section as a voltage follower, with the noninverting input connected to a voltage that is within the commmon-mode range. If you are using dual supplies, that voltage can be GND. If you leave the unused section floating, it can disturb the internal bias network, causing the section you are using to be less than optimum.

Ron H said:
If you do a Google search for LM747, you'll find plenty of info. The 747 is a dual 741. If you have other, more modern choices, You should use one of them instead. The 741/747 is old technology.
If you use only half of the 747, connect the unused section as a voltage follower, with the noninverting input connected to a voltage that is within the commmon-mode range. If you are using dual supplies, that voltage can be GND. If you leave the unused section floating, it can disturb the internal bias network, causing the section you are using to be less than optimum.
I should of tought. I have quite a few so i'l try using them. Th a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back