Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between modes in serial instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

amindzo

Hi, what's the difference between modes in serial instructions such as serin and serout? what's the difference between (for example) T2400 and N2400 and OT2400 and ON2400? when i should use them and in which situation and for what applications?

thank you

Not the greatest amount of information I've ever seen in a post.
Try at least telling us what device you're using, and what language.

Hi, i use picbasic pro and PIC16F877A, i know the instruction but i don't know the difference between them(T2400,N2400,OT2400,ON2400).

Last edited:
i know the instruction but i don't know the difference between them(T2400,N2400,OT2400,ON2400).

T means when it sends a '1' the output is high. This is true logic that you would feed into an RS232 level shifter like a MAX232 for example

N means when it sends a '1 the output is low, this simulates RS232 logic levels where a '1' is represented by a low voltage level and a '0' by a high voltage level.

O means the output 'simulates' an open collector configuration, driving the line low, but letting it float high.

This is all explained clearly in the documentation. You should read it.

https://www.melabs.com/resources/pbpmanual/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back