Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
A brush is an element that makes contact with a winding on the rotor. As the shaft rotates the brush looses contact with one side of a winding and makes contact with another side effectively reversing the polarity of the current flow. In a brushless motor there are no brushes. Instead the are hall efect position sensors that locate the rotor. With this position information a controller can select the winding to energize to exert maximum torque.

Google and Wiki are your firends. You should become better aquainted.
Top Hit -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brushless_DC_electric_motor

if i mechanically rotate the shaft on the dc motor... say by using my hand... will i be able to observe any dc output?

that is instead of giving dc power supply and making the shaft rotate, can i don the opposite?

Aka Crank Generator

Brushless motors are controlled by a microcontroller system, often right inside of the rotary housing.

Brush Motors are very basic, with teh controller circuitry attaching to them from the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back