Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differential Op-Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkidd22

I have this circuit where I have to measure three things.

#1.Measure the dc output voltage with zero differential voltage.
#2.Measure the differential gain by using V1 and V2 as the inputs. Verify the differential gain at 1KHz.
#3.Measure the common mode gain with a 10 volt peak voltage at 1 KHz.

For #1 I don't really understand what the instructor means by zero differential voltage. What I get is that both V1 and V2 must be of same voltage and with that setup I should measure DC voltage at vout. Is this correct?

For #2 I would set V1 to 100mVpk and V2 to 50mVpk. Since the gain is set for 10 the output should be (V1-V2)*10. Is this also correct?

For #3 I would use only one input at 10Vpk and measure the gain?

Attachments

• DiffOpAmp.png
    DiffOpAmp.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
You are correct for #1 and #2. #1 is measuring the output offset with zero differential input. #2 is measuring the differential gain.

For #3 you are measuring the common-mode gain. Common-mode is a signal common to both inputs so you apply the input signal to both tied together and measure the output voltage.

for #1, that common voltage must be zero, although since most of the measurements are AC, I'm wondering if he means 2 signals, 180 deg out of phase..

for #1, that common voltage must be zero, although since most of the measurements are AC, I'm wondering if he means 2 signals, 180 deg out of phase..
2 signals, 180 deg out of phase are a differential signal and will give an output signal. I don't understand your thought. #1 is just measuring the output DC offset with no input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back