Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital voice recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyush_it1

i'm building digital voice recorder using at90s8535 microcontroller with serial dataflash memory at45d161.

i got the basic circuit from atmel website

i want to implement any audio compression format for the data stored in the dataflash

kindly suggest me something in this regard.

piyush_it1 said:
i want to implement any audio compression format for the data stored in the dataflash

kindly suggest me something in this regard.

It depends on what your requirements are. The AT45D161 being a 16Mb (2MB) chip, what is the maximum sound duration/length you are looking to record and store? Will you use more than one AT45D161? What compression ratio are you looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back