Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode pos or neg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplicissimus

Hi guys,

sorry for this possibly stupid question but I have a manual that has different jumper settings depending on whether the diode is a 'positive diode' or 'negative diode'. While I have heard of forward bias etc. I don't know what it meas for a diode to be pos./neg.?

Thanks for the help.

simplicissimus,

sorry for this possibly stupid question but I have a manual that has different jumper settings depending on whether the diode is a 'positive diode' or 'negative diode'. While I have heard of forward bias etc. I don't know what it meas for a diode to be pos./neg.?

Look at the bottom of page two of this link. They call it standard polarity and reverse polarity. It should explain it. **broken link removed**

Ratch

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back