Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DiodeDude is a Newfie & says Hello all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiodeDude

Hey folks!

I'm new to the forum.... 2nd Post! Just wanted to say hello & tell a bit about myself.

I am a Newfoundlander living in northern Ontario, Canada. Moved here 12 yrs ago to take job as Instrument Tech in paper mill. Well the paper mill is now closed & I am looking for work once again. I am 50 yrs old so what are the odds?

I studied electronics in college for a few yrs @ St. John's, Newfoundland... before entering the work force. I have had a number of positions over the past 30 yrs........ Electronics has been a component of all of them but the loin's share of the work is usually mechanical. (Speaks well for the longevity of electronics I suppose!)

I have a few tools & a decent Fluke meter but do not have a shop per-ce @ home. Unless you wanna count my shed in the back yard! I do like to dabble & try & fix the scattered broken-down item (eg. VCR or battery charger etc.)

I haven't made something from scratch for a long time. I was looking for schematic for home security alarm when I came across this site. I have found lots of interesting info & links since I started snooping around here so I expect I will be lurking about for some time.... at least till I get back to work or get pre-occupied with something else.

Anyone wantin to say hello or with any good suggestions for a multi-zone secruity alarm circuit (other that those on this site) .......... Drop me a few lines!

Cheers
DD:D

Welcome to the forum, Newfie.

Glad to have another member aboard! Make sure that when you post, you post your entire question and a complete thought. We have too many indian Final year university students that ask this:

I need a complete circuit board code and project using AT32295 (etc) for tomorrow.

Glad to have you :D

Welcome,

You could build your own alarm system but, like most things these days, it will probably be cheaper to buy one.

Mike.

Haha. I did some contract work for a mill in Marathon. I don't remember the name of it. Also did some work for Miller Western in Alberta/Sask. That was many years ago, though.

I don't actually work in electronics, but I get the impression that it's not an easy job to make money at in Canada, or North America in general, unless you get into a niche market.

I graduate in April, so i guess we will find out haha. I hope your wrong!!:eek::confused::D

My best friend's a Newfie. Flowers Cove.

Q. How do you get a one armed Newfie out of a tree?
A. Wave to him.

Q. Where do Newfies keep their Armies?
A. In their Sleevies.

ahahah I actually have a girl in my class from flowers cove. Small world.

Glad to have another member aboard! Make sure that when you post, you post your entire question and a complete thought. We have too many indian Final year university students that ask this:

I need a complete circuit board code and project using AT32295 (etc) for tomorrow.

Glad to have you :D

DiodeDude. Hey, Best wishes on the forum. I agree with SV but my personal electronics knowledge has came from watching and listening to people like you.

So, that would put me way down ..................

here.

killivolt : My notes from the Underground.

.......................................................................................................

Krums.

killivolt saying Hello !!!

kv:D

Hopefully you guys realize that the original post by Diodedude was made over a year ago and sat dormant for nearly that long as well?

Have another martini.

Your avatar fits you. :rolleyes:

I should a seen that one cumin.

kv :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back