Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIP Voltage Regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spadez

Hi,

I have just found the voltage regulators and DIP form and want to use these for my project. I havent been able to find a 12V output (~15V+ input) module in DIP form with an output capable of at least 2W (preferably more).

Has anyone come across something like this before?

Regards,

James

2W is more than a DIP package can disspate. Only some sort of batwing package would be capable of 2W.

Compared to a linear regulator, a switching regulator is ~85% efficient, meaning it dissipates much less power. However, the inductor and catch diode will take up some space.

You ABSOLUTELY need all of the capacitors. The only one you might be able to cheat on is Cin. You still need something, but you might be able to reduce its physical size to the next smaller can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back