Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dis-what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizier87

I kept very old Dandy comics... and I remembered a word in a dialogue box which said 'discomblooterate'. (Don't bother googling it!!)

How 'bout our Dandy ole-town guys give it a shot?

The closest I can come is "discombooberate". Trixie the mouse and Jinx the cat had a ray gun called a "discombooberator" on the Huckleberry Hound cartoon show circa 1960; it made things disappear. It is a bastardization of the real word "discombobulate".

Last edited:
Both are still used in my part of the world. ;)

I ran over my crabby old neighbors stupid cat with the riding lawn mower and discombooterated it! What a mess. Fortunately the old bats heart discombobulated when she found out and now I dont have to deal with her anymore either! :D

So whats the problem with the word? :confused:

Last edited:
I've heard of it as "discombobulate".

Discombloomerate

Discombombulate

two words that were used slangily to describe the rapid or forceful disassembly of an object. Companion words included discomblumerator (note difference in spelling) and discombombulation and their derivitives.

Example: "If you don't pay yore taxes, the Sheriff'll discombombulate you and your still." Or at least that's the way we used the words here in the hills of Tennessee.

Hang in there. All will be revealed.

Discombloomerate Discombombulate

two words that were used slangily ............

"slangily" ???? After reading that word, incorporating "discomblooterate" into a conversation seems trivial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back