distance mesurement using ultrasounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

Hello!
i want to bould a device that can mesure the distance between it and something that it is in front of it, like a wall or any other thing.
basically it is a sonar.
i want it to be based on ultrasounds.
i want to display the distance on a 3 digit 7-segment display, directly in centimeters. it would be nice if it could use a PIC16F84 uC, because i have a few of these. but any microcontroller from the PIC family would be great.
but, here is what problem i have.
i can't find any ultrasonic emitters or receivers here.
maybe there is an aleternative for this?
i hope someone can help me.
thanks in advance!

i found this circuit wich seems to be what i want
**broken link removed**
but i can't find the transmitter and receiver for the ultrasounds. maybe i could use some replacements?
this circuit is temperature compensated. i just need an adjustment for 25 degrees. so no need to make it so complicated.

Years ago, when I was in the electronic security business, We used ultrasonic motion detectors..They had transmitter/recv transducer pairs in them.. I haven't seen one in a while , most now use ir or ir/microwave pair now..Ultrasonics were prone to false alarms from air movement from heat/air systems, neighbors squeeking floors etc.. You might locate one of these and scavage the transducers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…