Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY dual input DVI switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycochiken

EDIT: thanks to doggy I now know I am looking for a way to make a male to male Y DVI connector
however it needs some kind of switch I have seen this for vga cables

Hey everyone I like many other people am in love with dual monitors, and like many people I have a mac and a PC (for coding reasons). I don't want to own four monitors (okay I do but I can't afford it). Basically I need a way to switch which computer sends signals to the monitors.

So I went out looking for a dvi cord that could go to 2 computers and one monitor, and be switched back and forth. I was unable to find any such device, excepting a huge clunky box that would also switch mice and keyboards back and forth, it was insanely expensive, and did more than I needed.

Now I appeal to all you experts to find a way to solve this problem. I was wondering if I could just run 2 DVI cables through a switch of some kind I made myself or bought. It is also possible that there is some cheap product I overlooked.

Any input is much appreciated, and if I do it myself I will post instructions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back