DIY Speaker Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver Brooks

Hello everyone - i'm trying to find a relatively cheap speaker kit for a pioneer twenty watt audio amplifier so i can listen to my cds and my fm tuner (denon) - i'v only got really ordinary speakers cannabilized from an akai 3 in one system - i live in australia - kind regards all.

Decent speakers are not cheap, even as a kit, all you save on is the cabinet costs, but you probably pay more for the drivers.

One of the largest UK suppliers is https://www.wilmslow-audio.co.uk/, in fact I've got some speakers I built from their kits 20 years or so ago - but they are pretty pricey!.

An important question (at least I think so) - is your goal to have a pair of speakers that sound good for the least amount of money - or is your goal to build your own, so to speak, for the satisfaction, learning, etc that comes with it, at a modest cost.

As with many other things we discuss in this forum, it's often less expensive to buy what you want however you miss the learning, satisfaction, etc. Realize that we all value things (like our time) differently and have more or less resources (a good workshop, for example) at our disposal so the equation is different for everyone.

Share just a little more and our comments can be more specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…