Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do know what to look for???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZL1983

im looking for a spdt switch or a relay that that changes when it gets power, or grounded.

basically i have a bi color led that i need one color when off (ungrounded), and to switch colors when on (grounded). this is going to be a 12v system. any help would be awesome.

Last edited:
Hi ZL1983. Welcome to ETO! :)

I believe this is the circuit you're looking for:

View attachment 63270

The block with all the dots in it appears to be a triple-pole double-throw switch. Just ignore the extra columns of pins on the left. Just use the ones on the right. If you look at the pins of a regular SPDT switch, you'll see there's three of them. Connect them like the schematic shows, and you should be set :)

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Der Strom

Actually, something I should have asked: Is your bi-color LED 2-pin or 3-pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back