Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

do you have this in the iphone settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TtOoWwAa

who has an iphone (GSM model not CDMA) and a working SIM card?

who ever does, can you tell me what it says when you go to the settings app>phone>SIM applications (if your phone has 'SIM applications there' )
(note if you are using a dual or triple SIM card adapter then it does not apply)

Kris

Last edited:
Hi mate,

Which Iphone is it? G3 or G4, my son has G4 and if thats right I will ask him.

Would it matter if the phone has been Jailbreaked?

Al

its the 4G (aka iphone 4 [GSM])
(note GSM means it uses a SIM card and SIM tray where as the CDMA model does not.)

after researching i found that the external SIM adapter for two SIM cards has a micro-controller or flash memory on the adapter (i am guessing is is flash memory because when you plug it in you get the menu in SIM applications which i have not seen happnen on my phone or a couple of others (where they just have 1 SIM card and no adapter)

the menu is for changing the phone numbers, swapping the numbers round , swapping the sim cards round (you don't need to necessarily take them out and swap which trey they are in), change the time for the SIM card so you can delay when the sim will show the data even though it will be sent on the same day and similar time as when it is sent by the other person)

you can still check because you never know , but it is unlikely

also is there 'TTY' when you go into 'settings > phone'
ans do you have 'change voicemail password' when you go into 'settings > phone'

i am not sure if the jailbreak has changed the menu , you will see when you check the phone anyway

Kris

Last edited:
Iphone 4

I have a Generation 4 or IPhone 4.

Under Phone > Settings

My Number
Face Time

Call Forwarding
Call Waiting
Show my Caller ID
TTY

Change Voicemail Password