does square wave/60hz adaptor can do harm for charging 12Vsla battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamun2a

I collect a Laptop charger of 12V 1.2 Amp output, it lights a incandescent bulb with blinking [may be for hz or square wave i think]. can i use it to charge my 12V 7.2AH SLA battery?

thanks

mamun2a
dhaka, BD

Probably. Hook it up and measure the current. If current is flowing into the battery and the battery voltage is rising, it is charging.

I collect a Laptop charger of 12V 1.2 Amp output, it lights a incandescent bulb with blinking [may be for hz or square wave i think]. can i use it to charge my 12V 7.2AH SLA battery?

thanks

mamun2a
dhaka, BD

hi,
If the charger is 'fixed' at 12Voutput it will not charge a 12V SLA fully, you require a voltage of 13.8V to 14V to fully charge a 12V battery.

The blinking of the lamp/bulb maybe caused by the lamp trying to draw to much current from the 12V power supply and it keeps shutting down.

thanks for your suggestion.

but i the Battery level said charge with 12V and 1/10 of the ampere. why they said this?

thanks for your suggestion.

but i the Battery level said charge with 12V and 1/10 of the ampere. why they said this?

hi,
Please post the battery model number or datasheet.

From that 1/10 AHr rate description it does not sound as though its an SLA battery.???

Probably. Hook it up and measure the current. If current is flowing into the battery and the battery voltage is rising, it is charging.

i know [may be wrong] that SLA or any battery just down its ampere, voltage is stable. if so then does volt rising is visible?

hi,
Please post the battery model number or datasheet.

From that 1/10 AHr rate description it does not sound as though its an SLA battery.???

its not near to me now, i'll bring it 2morow. 1/10 amp of its said ampere, i c it on almost every rechargeable battery

its not near to me now, i'll bring it 2morow. 1/10 amp of its said ampere, i c it on almost every rechargeable battery

A recharge rate stated in C/10 ie; 0.1 of AHr capacity is not usually for a Sealed Lead Acid [SLA] battery.

DONT try to recharge until you are sure of the battery type, it could be hazardous.!

A recharge rate stated in C/10 ie; 0.1 of AHr capacity is not usually for a Sealed Lead Acid [SLA] battery.

DONT try to recharge until you are sure of the battery type, it could be hazardous.!

my charger is of 1.2A, and the battery is 7.2AH

my charger is of 1.2A, and the battery is 7.2AH

hi,
There is no point in guessing the battery type.

You have said: SLA and C/10 in your posts, which leaves a doubt in knowing the actual battery type.

I would advise that you confirm the battery type, if possible post a battery model number or photo of the battery.

sorry i am late.

this is not the talkin 1 but same. it is UPS battery.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
sorry i am late.

this is not the talkin 1 but same. it is UPS battery.

hi,
Thats an SLA. Thanks for the pic.

To charge a 12V SLA for 'float' use, a maximum charge voltage of 13.8V is recommended, for 'cyclic' [heavy use] a maximum charge voltage of 14V is recommended.
The minimum voltage of the battery should never be allowed to fall below 10.8V.

The 12Vdc power supply you have, if its fixed at 12Vdc, it will not fully charge the 12V battery.

Last edited:
hmm, that case i miss the option the same adaptor has 15V also, but i avoid that bcoz of 3 volt extra. and in my local i can found Multi volt adaptor of 12V 1A, so it also not perfect.

then i have another option. i ve a UPS of Apollo Brand, from that i may dig out a port for charging this battery. does it OK, Sir?

hi,
If you have two 3amp diodes, you drop approx 1.4V across the diodes, so at the battery you would have approx 15V - 1.4V = 13.6V

? about "then i have another option. i ve a UPS of Apollo Brand, from that i may dig out a port for charging this battery"

hmm..
**broken link removed**

i have 1200VA one, it has 2 battery. i wish to make an extension cable for the extra battery charging.

as per picture i've middle of these**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…