Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

don't know how to operate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuffock

I bought a television, bush ctv100, for a song at a boot sale, but I find that trial and error methods have been all errors so far to switch it to video input. I do not have a remote control for it. Anyone any ideas, or do I have to get the soldering iron out?

What...no attempt to browse for a website...ok Ill do it for you.
Typing in "B,U,S,H"
......HMMMM...........oh dear!....oh my!
....those are not TV's at all!....hmmm....
must put these websites under "favorites"

spuffock said:
I bought a television, bush ctv100, for a song at a boot sale, but I find that trial and error methods have been all errors so far to switch it to video input. I do not have a remote control for it. Anyone any ideas, or do I have to get the soldering iron out?

You probably can't select AV without the remote?, however if you connect a SCART lead to the set it should automatically select AV when you press PLAY on your VCR, DVD etc. This works because they apply 12V to pin 8, which forces the TV to use the SCART socket.

Ok,its the soldering iron then. Pity to lose the TV function, but it is intended for use only as a monitor. No scart socket, only phono video and audio inputs. This is a change of direction, I'll still end up with a video microscope somehow. The LCD monitor now works but I can't at the moment see how to change its line frequency without wrecking it. I've found data on the camcorder ccd, and will soon find sufficient courage to apply some power to its little board to see what happens.

Nigel Goodwin said:
You probably can't select AV without the remote?, however if you connect a SCART lead to the set it should automatically select AV when you press PLAY on your VCR, DVD etc. This works because they apply 12V to pin 8, which forces the TV to use the SCART socket.

my old TV here in the back room is that way, without the remote you can only turn it on/off, select channel and volume.

there's about 30 different buttons on the original remote that's vital to the use of the TV

BTW, why not try one of those programmable remotes?

not the type that learns from the original but from the codes in the back of the book.

most of the time that works.

Your situation reminds me of a web-cast I heard on IEEE spectrum Radio. One engineer confident of his engineering abilities bought a similar TV without a manual or a remote. Then he realised that the modern TV remotes are not a luxury but a necessity.

His ultimate solution after look through site are forum (as you are doing right now) was get an ordi8nary remote and re-programme it using some hidden port in the remote.

The cast said that most remotes are similar in architecture and even made my the same manufacturer but with different codes. So he managed to operate his TV finally...

I've got one of those programmable remotes, but the instructions are still written on a silly bit of cardboard that the dog enjoys so much......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back