Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Door safety interlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

minivan

Hello,
I need help with the following question. Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

I want to have a safety interlock for a safety enclosure. The enclosure door cannot be open when the power is on. I have a power supply 208VAC, 20 Amp. I also have 24VDC outputs from a PLC.

Thank you.

Is it adequate to put a momentary type interlock switch in series with the power line that opens when the door is opened?

Hello,
I need help with the following question. Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

I want to have a safety interlock for a safety enclosure. The enclosure door cannot be open when the power is on. I have a power supply 208VAC, 20 Amp. I also have 24VDC outputs from a PLC.

Thank you.

If I read you correctly you don't want the enclosure to be opened while circuits are energized. Now if that is the case you may want to consider a latch mechanism kept real simple using a small tubular linear solenoid. They come in 12 and 24 VDC flavors and can be found here. Anytime the circuits are powered and active the solenoid latches the cover, door or whatever there is for entry.

Needless to say continuous duty variety.

Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back