Driver and timing unit for a strobe light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtleTaters

Hi, I'm not very experienced with electronics, but I'm working on a project. I need to put together a driver and a timing unit based on a 555 controller for this: **broken link removed**

It needs to run off of 12 volts, and I need to figure out how to get the frequency at 10hz as well, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi,

using an IR cluster is certainly not quite what you want. IR emission is invisble to human eyes.

Using LEDs in the visible range a freqency of 10Hz might be a bit high, barely seing flashes. A frequency of 2 to 5Hz should be OK.

Boncuk

Thanks for the reply, but that is actually what I want. I realize IR isn't visible

But how can I make a driver and a timing unit to control the frequency?

Thanks for the reply, but that is actually what I want. I realize IR isn't visible

But how can I make a driver and a timing unit to control the frequency?

IR is very visible to devices looking for it. Especially IR pulsed at a 10 or 14 Hz rate.

The transmitter is an infrared light which is flashed at the receiver. The transmitter inside the vehicle may transmit a low-priority signal (10 Hz) or a high-priority signal (14 Hz).

Wouldn't be for Traffic Signal Preemption purposes would it? Because in many areas that is illegal and I doubt anyone here would be enthusiastic about helping with a design for something that is illegal.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…