Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving 240 Mbps through 1500 feet of CAT 6 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

0x34

I am developing a system which creates 5 individual 240Mbsp data streams. I need to send those streams to a receiver which is approximately 1500 feet away over 400 MHz CAT6 (8 pair cable). Can anyone suggest or recommend a good buffer/driver/receiver chip set? Has anyone had any experience with the Intersil EL4543/EL9110 set?

PS** Switching to optical (SFP or POF) is not an option.

Thanks!

I am developing a system which creates 5 individual 240Mbsp data streams. I need to send those streams to a receiver which is approximately 1500 feet away over 400 MHz CAT6 (8 pair cable). Can anyone suggest or recommend a good buffer/driver/receiver chip set? Has anyone had any experience with the Intersil EL4543/EL9110 set?

PS** Switching to optical (SFP or POF) is not an option.

Thanks!
You won't be able to do it without some equalization. The high frequency losses at that wire length are too large for any transmission line that I am aware of.
I think EL4543/EL9110 are for analog video. They might work, but have a look at **broken link removed** from National.

Last edited:
Thank you Roff, I have a set of Samples on order and will test it. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back