Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DRL or Daytime Running Lights module

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikolaSmart

hi, I have bought DRLs and I want to do myself module for this...so idea is that DRLs are on when ignition is on, when lights are on DRLs are on about 20-30% and when ignition is off it has to have delay of shutting down for about 20sec....so does somebody have idea and can do schema for this module (circuit)

thank you

Use the tools you know best, a PIC, CD4060 or CMOS 555

Then choose hi side or lo side MOSFET with RdsOn <= 10% of cold resistance of lamp
Then use PWM or control signal on DRL to regulate % On. With reverse bat protection, rated for 2x voltage for load dump protection with MOV and current limit or use ICL current limiter for rated current. ..cheap.

question is , how is the drl going to know when the ignition is off?.....there is no signal wire to the drl telling drl if ignition is on or off.

Fusebox has supply for steady & ignition switched power to lights, choose the appropriate fused line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back