Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DS 5000 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

amsung2

i was reading a book on 8051 which said all the versions of the 8051 microcontrollers have been dictated by intel to have virtually same arch.
so that a single programming kit can program any of the compatible chips.
so does that mean i can program DS 5000 on an Atmel 8051 programmer?

Absolutley not. There has been a misunderstanding. Programming and programmig are two pairs of boots. One is the act to bring a program, that means the binary data of a program, from the PC to the specific MCU. The other meaning is to make up a program, using a PC and a language of your choice e.g. C, Assembler, Basic or whatever.

Programming the DS5000, you don't need a special programming equipment. The DS5000 has a boot-sector incorporated and you can program the device through the serial Port of your PC directly. Dallas has provided a program called MTK2 to do it.

with greetings
Erhard:rolleyes:

Let me make some amplification to what I have said in my previous posting. The basic architecture of the C51 family is very similiar, that means, that the instruction set is nearly the same with some little differences between the manufactors. But the most differences you will find in the peripheral design and layout like IO Ports, interrupt logic, memory allocation, programming technique etc.

Erhard ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back