Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dsPIC30F4011

Status
Not open for further replies.

feltonjames

I'm trying to program and LCD with this chip and was wondering if anyone knows how to define data at the beginning. Like in the normal PIC you use dt " Hello word",0. Any advice would be great

IC

You have the dsPIC connected directly to a bare bones LCD? Wouldn't it save a lot of pins (and programming effort) to just use a serial LCD backpack?

I'm not just using it for an LCD, its part of something much more. I'm working on a project and I need an ADC and I need to do some FFT. So I'd like to use just the one chip for everything

asd

I'm just thinking that if you hooked up an MCU directly to a LCD it woudl use up a lot of the MCU pins on the LCD's parallel interface. I was saying that if you got an LCD backpack you would save a lot of pins because the backpack would translate serial commands from the MCU and convert it to parallel to display it on the LCD screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back