Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTE or DCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnionRingOfDoom

I'm using a serial connection between a PC and my motor speed controller, and the PC sends a number to the motor controller, and the motor controller sets that number as the speed of the motor. I was wondering, which one would be the DTE and which would be the DCE? Am I correct in thinking that the motor speed controller is the DTE, and the computer is the DCE?

Ah, thanks! So now that I know that the DTE is the computer and the DCE is the motor controller, does the DCE get a female DSUB port or a male one?

In the old days it was DTE was data terminal equipment (your PC). I think theywere female. But I do not think that matters.. DCE was Data Circuit Equipment.

Just match it to the cable you are using. If using a cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back