Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF reciver for mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sohaib Siddique

its my 2nd thread i hope my problem is solve
i want dtmf reciver for nokia mobile
dtmf reciver easily interfarnce with mobile plz give me dtmf reciver circuit.
regard

Hi,

check out the CM8870. It's a full DTMF decoder with AF input via electret microphone.

Adjust AF amplification with P1. Pin15 (STD=Delayed Steering Output) goes high when a valid signal (SIGVALID) has been received, and serves as signal to read Q1 to Q4 (A0 to A3).

Boncuk

Attachments

• CM8870.gif
    CM8870.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 870
Pin15 goes high if a valid DTMF-tone combination has been received. RN1 is a four resistor array with a common ground pin meant as pull down resistor for the outputs Q1 through Q4 (A0 .. A3). Q1 .. Q4 are binary coded outputs with Q1 being the LSB.

Please download the data sheet and study it carefully. It also contains a look up table for binary outputs according to frequencies generated by DTMF devices.

Other than binary values the CM8870 decodes a 'Zero' being "0000", instead of "1010", provided by a binary coded switch.

So if you want to create a DTMF-lock don't use 'Zero'.

Boncuk

Attachments

• DTMF-LOCK.gif
    DTMF-LOCK.gif
    46.9 KB · Views: 630
DTMF help

View attachment 63777hi ,
i am interfacing dtmf 8870 with p89v51rd2, Need help with mt8870DE in myanmar-edited-ckt..png circuit attached
i am not getting desired led outputs by connecting nokia phone
please help
RD pin of 8051 to be connected????

Last edited:
I am in the West. Most of us Western people played with DTMF about 32 years ago. Unfortunately the internet was not used then so the articles about DTMF are not on the web today. Also cell phones (mobile phones?) were not used then.
Many printed magazines from the West about 32 years ago talked about DTMF.

How exactly are you getting the tones to the decoder. The drawing really does not show that part. What exactly happens with the LEDs?

Ron

How exactly are you getting the tones to the decoder. The drawing really does not show that part. What exactly happens with the LEDs?

Ron

LEDs connected on o/p of dtmf
On reset - 0110
On pressing 1- 1000
on pressing keys leds glow for some time and again reset (0110)

even 8051 not responding
please check code

org 00h

mov p1, #0ffh; // Port1 as input port
mov p2,#00h ; // Port2 as output port

start:
mov a, p1;
cjne a,#0ffh, for1;
jmp start;

for1:
mov a, p1;
cjne a,#01h, for2 ;
mov p2,#01h;
jmp for1;

for2:
mov a, p1;
cjne a,#02h, for1;
mov p2,#02h;
jmp for2;

end

Thanks alot

Code is far from my forte. :(

I suggest you run a thread in the uC section of the forums for the code. Once the code is known to be good, then we can focus on the actual electronics. I just really suck at code.

Ron

The hardware to the tone decoder and tone decoder look OK to me.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back