Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual 4-input logic chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

ormo

I am using the CMOS 4002 which is a dual 4-input NOR gate. I am using one the gate on one side of the chip, the other side is unused. Do I still need to hold the inputs low on the unused gate? If so, would it work to connect the 4 inputs of the gate to the output of that gate (would this hold them all low?).

Thanks,

I am using the CMOS 4002 which is a dual 4-input NOR gate. I am using one the gate on one side of the chip, the other side is unused. Do I still need to hold the inputs low on the unused gate? If so, would it work to connect the 4 inputs of the gate to the output of that gate (would this hold them all low?).

Thanks,

CMOS unused inputs should always be tied High or Low.
If an inverting type gate, where the output would be Low if the input was tied High, I tie that input Low so the output is High.

Dont tie unused inputs back to the output of a gate.

Last edited:
Thanks, I've connected all 4 inputs to the positive supply rail (that was a lot easier for my circuit than connecting them to the ground)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back