Dual H-Bridge Motor Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Souper man

I was bored and kinda mad that I couldnt get my microcontroller working, so to relieve the pressure, I built a Dual H-bridge motor driver. The motors are powered by a AA battery pack, and the control signal can be powered by a 9 volt. It works good and has the following parts:

8 NPN PN2222A Transistors
4 PNP PN2907A Transistors
4 1/4 100 Ohm resistors
4 1/4 1k Ohm resistors

A H-Bridge is a special circuit that you can use with analog, digital, or even microcontroller systems. It can drive a motor backwards or forwards, and you could even vary the speed with a few more components.

1359: Side view of transistors and motors.

1360: Birds eye view of circuit at an angle;

1361: the whole thing. The 4 red wires at the lower end of the board are the signal inputs. the red wire at top is the 3v 2.5 amp input. The 9 volt would connect to one of the 4 signal input wires, or the 9 volt would control a circuit that would control the H-Bridge. you could use this for a walker robot, where you would need legs that go back and forth.

EDIT: 1359 somehow got mixed up with a picture of my dog, reggie

Attachments

• 100_1359.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 277
  • 100_1360.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 100_1361.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 226
Last edited by a moderator:
What a cute dog.

Well I've attached him, just in case you delete him!

Attachments

• 100_1359.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 224
Oh oops! I tried to fix it, but I cant find that transistor picture. its fine, just keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…