Eagle 4.xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexter

hi!

Just trying to become an Eagle User ... So, plz, excuse me for my stupid question ...
Is there any way to get LPT connector in Eagle 4.13 with a standard library set? Or do I need to add any other lib?

If you mean centronics type connectors, then look in com-amp-champ.

Mike.

nope. Just a normal DB-25 (Male, if that makes sense). I actually need to have a 13 pads on one of the ends of my board to be able to solder the connector there. (the connector, which I have been provided with is meant to be used with a cable).

Is there any logic in those library names there?

PS!

Thanx for info about centronics. It is a part of the other board, so I was going to ask it later. But now I know where to find it.

lexter said:
Is there any logic in those library names there?

No, there does not appear to be any logic to the naming.

A good way to find something is to use the cursor keys. Left and right expand/compact the library and up and down do what you expect them to do.

BTW, you'll find DB connectors under con-subd.

Mike.

Pommie said:
No, there does not appear to be any logic to the naming.

A good way to find something is to use the cursor keys. Left and right expand/compact the library and up and down do what you expect them to do.

Well, before writing I've actually spent smth like 30mins browsing the collection, but didn't succeed. (con-subd is almost in the end of con-*, so ...)

Pommie said:
BTW, you'll find DB connectors under con-subd.

Thanx! Finally, I've found it!

When I first used Eagle, it could take hours to find what I wanted. I can now find most things in a couple of minutes.

Mike.

Pommie said:
When I first used Eagle, it could take hours to find what I wanted. I can now find most things in a couple of minutes.

Mike.

Well, I really hope that I will become good at using Eagle, because it seems to me that it is the only one good enough alternative to my lovely PADS. well, I'm not that reach to be able to buy it & I don't wanna use the pirated version.

But as for now, it's 3:13am here and I finally finished my first board in EAGLE!!! (looks crappy though and still requires some optimization )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…