Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle 5.0 released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually tried and did not like 5.0. The advantages seemed few, such as being able to lock a structure; however, some of the bloating of menues and the highlight function did not appeal to me.

BTW, I found a simple, perhaps too obvious, way to lock outlines and such -- just draw them as packages and make devices for them. The symbol is just the name or size, which can be added to the schematic, requires no electrical connections, and doesn't affect ERC.

John

I kind of like 5.0. At the very least it looks much cleaner under wine than the previous version.

I like Eagle for the power but I dislike the editing interface enough that the changes don't bother me. It's already weird enough that any new weirdness is just a drop in the bucket. :)

Torben

I'm liking 5.0. Better than previous versions IMO. I come from a PADS background and 5.0 is a smidge easier for me to do things in without getting me too frustrated or pissed off. Is that a good metric? :)

ETA: They upped their prices. Sucky, I could have bought 4.92 and gotten a free upgrade to 5.0 a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
I'm with Torben without installing it. I will pull it this weekend when I have a second.

It has a weird interface as stated. I deal with it for the price.

I would bet what they added will not bother me. Could be wrong.

I will try it this weekend with beer :) since Torben checked it with wine.

Last edited:
Gayan Soyza said:
Sprint Layout is the best for me from all the PCB softwares on earth.

Touche :D :D :D

Gayan Soyza said:
Sprint Layout is the best for me from all the PCB softwares on earth.

Same for me, I don't spend time fighting the interface. Plus I need PCBs larger than the free edition of Eagle.

If the autorouter hasn't changed and is still the same BS I wouldn't care buying it.

It behaves the same as a bunch of indians surrounding a settler's home in a western movie.

Try to autoroute something using the finest possible grid size of 0.0125 inches. (Any smaller grid will be ignored with an error message)

For the DRC don't forget to set the max. errors to 5.000! You'll receive an endless list of angle errors and taking a close look they are really there - produced by Eagle. :D

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back