Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle, newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i designed a circuit in Eagle h-bridge and want to make it a one layer light , i tried the autoroute but it gives small tracks ,also its not good , would you help me to build it ?
also i need some suggestions about making the layout (1 layer)

thanks !
i posted the schematic circuit in eagle and a pdf of it

Attachments

• Circuit.pdf
    30.9 KB · Views: 198
  • untitddled.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 124
You need capacitors...and to reduce the voltage supply to your gate drive as a well as a few other modifications mentioned in your other thread. I don't know Eagle. Sorry. Make all your power traces and power transistors as close as possible with as wide and as short traces as possible. Same thing goes for your gate drive circuit.

Which also means...don't autoroute!

yea thanks i put a 7812 Voltage regulator at the Gate of both mosfets .
thanks , i need really to layout but its very very hard :( cant figure out how to put the tracks ..etc
its 1 layer ..
is it a hard circuit or what ?

YOu can use jumper wires (drill two holes and connect them later with wire) to pass connections over each other. Even better is to existing components to jump those points like your gate resistors. YOu can use them to jump over other traces.

Routing on one layer is a pain. If you can pull it off without jumpers of any kind, you are a GOD (or at least very well respected). I was routing a two-layer board and still needed about 5 jumper wires.

Last edited:
I tried to load the schematic but Eagle Light says it's either damaged or edited with an illegal copy of Eagle. (Hey, I'm not saying that, Eagle is. I have no idea.)

Here are some (very) basic routing tips for Eagle:

You can either select tools from the icon bar on the left side of the screen, or else type the command name into the command line above the layout window. Hover your mouse over an icon to learn the name of the command.

Use the 'ripup' command to remove all the autorouting. Now, position the components as you would like them. Be sure to leave room for heat sinks, larger-than-expected capacitors, terminal blocks, etc. Then run 'ratsnest' to clean up the airwires. (Airwires represent the electrical links between components on the board before you route them.) Next, use 'route' and once it's active, set your width, drill, corner type, etc. preferences using the options bar that appears above the command line. Make sure the layer dropdown is showing the layer you want to work on (probably 'Bottom' if you're only working on one layer). Now link up the components as indicated by the airwires until there are no more airwires. It may take a lot of patience and artistry but it can be done. You will likely have to use jumpers, as dknguyen noted.

Hope this helps!

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back