Eagle3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy004

Hi I just wanted to know if there is anyone here who is familiar with Eagle3D? I made a render but I can't get some of the components to show so I just wanted to ask how I can add the eagle library to eagle3D?

Attachments

• VU Meter.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 433
Well I have never used that sw but, I do know about 3D programs. My guess is your missing parts because you do not have a 3D model for the part. Each part will need a 3D model.

Last edited:
Well I have never used that sw but, I do know about 3D programs. My guess is your missing parts because you do not have a 3D model for the part. Each part will need a 3D model.

Yeah that could be true I just need to figure out how to do it.

Hi,

did you already try http://www.matwei.de?

Mr. Matwei's POVRAY library is increasing steadily.

You should be able to find a suiting electrolytic cap and a trim pot there.

Boncuk

Last edited:
Install Eagle 3D as you downloaded it.

Then load your PCB in Eagle and perform the 3d40-ULP as listed in the 3D Eagle directory. From there perform POVRAY.

Select the items you want to use by clicking through the model library.

Best advice: Check out the model library and note the names of the devices you want to use. Then use those names to assign them to the appropriate Eagle device.

Boncuk

Last edited:
Hi sammy004,

once on Matwei's home page you can select either German or English.

Select Eagle3D and download the installer first. The part library (images) is located two or three lines underneath the installer and has a file size of 38MB (zipped).

Create a sub-folder "Images" in the Eagle3D folder and copy the extracted library there. You can view every part with its name which also informs about dimensions of it, e.g. "CAP_DIS_CERAMIC_DISK_10MM_18MM" is a ceramic cap with a pitch of 10mm and a disc diameter of 18mm.

You can open the entire library when clicking on it, and use the windows fax viewer for a detailed image.

Sorry, I can't show you any examples since Eagle3D is written for newer Eagle versions and I'm using version 3.55 (for most projects).

Regards

Boncuk

P.S. If you want me to complete your 3D image please send me the board file via email. You'll find my email address in my personal folder here. You obviously used the minimum resolution to create your 3D file. With a higher resolution the copper traces look straight.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help I'll tell you what I am doing so maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong.
First I downloaded the files you said eagle3d installer and the imagle file library.
then I take the board I ame in eagle and go to file and run after all the menus go by it turns it into a povray file
then I go in povray and hit run and it makes the 3D imagle but it is stll missing parts
So I think I am missing a step where I am suppose to add something can you please tell me what I am doning wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…