Eagle3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styx

I know a few people here use Eagle (not got into it yet) so a few might like this
**broken link removed**

some 3D plugin for it to render what the PCB populated would be like

That is really cool. I had to go to povray.org for a viewer and add a path to the povray.ini (to find the tools.inc and user.inc) and poof it worked.

But second board I did, a gameshow buzzer from way back, did not find some of the parts. Wonder if there is a better library out there somewhere.

Take a look. Gameshow buzzer and a 2 transistor board that turns on my sons amp in the trunk of his car (it look better than then real think for sure ).

Attachments

• gb5b.gif
    151.3 KB · Views: 490
Plz any one of u write a Step by Step tutorial, that which files to download(plz provide direct link if possiable).

How to set those files for proper work.

And how to render it.

I use PCB123 for Pcb but now i am intrested in it.
I have download Eagle and have made schamatics and PCBs with it but not expert yet with it.

Plz guide beginers like me that how to Make 3D image of the PCB. and which files to download.

Thanks.

Ayne,

I pulled the program from Styx link, installed it. It made a c:\Program Files\Eagle

I went to www.povray.org (this was days ago; working from memory) and pulled the viewer and installed it.

Went in Eagle, opened a board I had made, clicked File Run "browsed" to C:\Program Files\Eagle\ulp\Eagle3D and opened 3d41.ulp (since I am using Eagle 4.16)

Did a create POV and exit (note the destination file location, that is where it will store the POV file).

Think I received an error and had to modify a .ini file to add a PATH to where the POVRAY tools.ini and user.ini are located. And ran it again.

Then I went to the destination location and double clicked the .pov file and it will open it with povray. In there you can see it and make it into other graphic formats.

Not a tutorial, just recalling what I did. Hope I recalled it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…